Compass recently placed a Senior Project Manager in Redwood City, CA.
The Patient Access Specialist will be reporting to the Reimbursement Operations Manager and will focus on providing market access support to customers through prior authorization, appeals support, and reimbursement hotline support. The Patient Access Specialist will be responsible for providing reimbursement expertise and support regarding all phases of the prior authorization process, appeals and all related market access activities with all types of customers. He or she will be in control of providing excellent customer service and follow-up on all assigned work. The Specialist will also be in charge of meeting quality metrics to ensure quality service to all customer types.
Essential duties and responsibilities (includes the below tasks, but not limited to the following):
- The Patient Access Specialist will adhere to the quality of our client through QA, additional training, and process improvement.
- Work in conjunction with the Manager to focus on realistic and achievable turn-around times for all department functions.
- Meet and/or exceed metrics in the designated territory to ensure quality service to all customer types.
- Provide necessary documentation and follow up in order to support the prior authorization and appeal process as well as provide education to customers regarding payer coverage requirements.
- In conjunction with other team members, stay current on payer coverage policies and patient requirements for HF10 therapy as well as stay current on the impact of health care reform to patient’s access to HF10 therapy.
- Perform other duties as required.
The person who would excel in this role is someone who is able to work with various teams to accomplish organizational goals, have great communication skills both verbal and written, analytically focused and able to multitask and prioritize workflows. Ideally, the candidate would hold a Bachelors degree (health sciences, life sciences, public health, business or marketing) or equivalent work experience.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to learn about similar opportunities, please contact us at (925)884–3811 or Requests@CompassCGroup.com! You can also search for our current openings by clicking here.