Compass recently placed a Market Research Consultant within the SF Bay Area.
This position is responsible for managing and providing competitive intelligence (CI) consulting on complex projects to drive well-defined marketing strategy, customer loyalty, internal operations, and business development initiatives; working and consulting with leadership, departmental management, project staff, and other peers to define and refine each CI effort; and creating rigorous research approaches, overseeing work of less senior resources, and participating in synthesizing results and findings into actionable insights and management recommendations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively consult with business partners to understand business decisions and develop appropriate customer-insights approach to inform those decisions
- Develop research objectives, study methodology and discussion guides, questionnaires
- Analyze study results
- Develop and deliver study reports/presentations to business partners
- Use creativity to meet insights needs with limited resources
- Be both a passionate Voice of the Customer at cross-functional meetings
- Coach/consult with non-professional market researchers in the organization to ensure the appropriateness of their survey instruments and guides
The kind of candidates who would excel in this role have strong team building skills, experience in marketing research/customer insights, experience in both primary (qualitative and quantitative) and secondary methodologies, strong written and communication skills, and the ability to select and proactively manage outside research partners.
If this sounds like you or if you’d like to learn about similar opportunities, please contact us at (925)884–3811 or Requests@CompassCGroup.com! You can also search for our current openings by clicking here.