Compass recently placed a Scientist in the San Francisco Bay Area.
After an introduction to work processes, our consultant will begin to organize, conduct and monitor laboratory experiments utilizing established and published procedures, and technical and theoretical understanding. Along with communicating the results of experiments, the role also comes with the responsibility of ensuring the accuracy, quality, and timeliness of results before summarizing them with the appropriate supervisor/project leader. Below are some additional responsibilities for the position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Keeps supervisor/project leader informed of project status, particularly of significant findings and results in critical problem areas.
- Performs work according to established internal safety guidelines and procedures, and as specified by appropriate external regulatory agencies (e.g., OSHA).
- Analyzes and interprets experimental data using various data analysis software and/or applying quantitative methods.
- Uses technical writing skills to produce reports and documents.
- Assumes accountability for electronic lab notebook documentation, ensuring experimental methods and results are recorded timely, accurately and consistently, and according to established formats.
- Participates in routine lab maintenance, lab safety, ISO, and QSR implementation.
- May troubleshoot issues related to instrumentation.
- Works independently and manages own workflow to accomplish assigned objectives.
- Uses discretion and independent judgment to recommend solutions to basic problems that their individual or team projects.
- Establishes appropriate internal/cross-functional/customer relationships. With guidance, analyzes and brainstorms alternative approaches to solve problems and finds solutions.
If you are interested and looking for similar opportunities, please contact us at (925)884–3811 or Requests@CompassCGroup.com! You can also search for our current openings by clicking here.