Compass recently placed a Sr. Associate Business Analyst to provide Competitive Intelligence (CI) to the Global Competitive Intelligence Function for one of our many clients.
The competitive intelligence analyst role is an exciting opportunity to gain experience as a CI professional working to support and assist in implementing key strategic initiatives in the Global Business Analysis and Insights (BAI) group. The analyst will collaborate with cross-functional team members to accomplish competitive intelligence project goals and objectives. The contract CI analyst position reports directly to and supports the CI Manager.
This position will:
• Synthesize information from multiple sources to develop strategic insights and point of view on key competitive developments, implications for Client and actions to be taken.
• Work in a highly cross-functional manner and manage changing priorities across several key customers.
• Develop productive relationships with global Product Teams to define business problems and develop integrated analysis plans based on best practice methodologies.
• Apply structured problem solving to collect, analyze and report CI, incorporating primary and secondary data sources to generate actionable insights.
• Articulate and educate customers on the relevant impact of changing market dynamics (i.e. reimbursement environment, biosimilar regulations, general environmental factors, etc…) to their business from a CI perspective.
• Organize and facilitate strategic exercises & competitive simulations to generate competitive insights and company plans.
• Coordinate and facilitate CI collection efforts at major medical conferences/congresses.
• Manage a network of primary data sources, including vendors and Client employees, to enable effective project execution.
• Assess the reliability of CI research findings, maintaining high standards for accuracy, relevance, and quality in deliverables at all times and communicate the level of evidence to stakeholders.
• Present on a regular basis in-depth analyses and summaries of results, interpreting and communicating results with recommendations to brand/business stakeholders.
• Educate the value and importance of CI to new employees (sales, RML, BAI, marketing) and maintain a strong position of coaching/promoting CI through daily efforts.
• Work to grow competitive intelligence/strategy to support other functions in the organization.
Compass Consulting Group provides workforce solutions to the medical device and life science industries across the United States. We partner with large multi-nationals and emerging start-ups with staffed resources within the Commercial and Scientific functions. The Compass leadership team has extensive industry experience and can help execute a customized talent strategy to meet your needs. Our flexible business model supports traditional consulting, staffing, and recruiting. Compass welcomes an opportunity to establish a partnership with organizations as they scale.
If you are interested in learning more about our broad array of services or are looking to expand your career, please contact us at (925)884-3811 or email us at Requests@CompassCGroup.com. You can also search our current opportunities by clicking here.