Looking for an exciting opportunity at a growing Biotech company? We have great full-time and short-term openings for Sr. Bioinformatics Scientists available in the San Francisco Bay Area!
Please send your resume to: email@example.com, or contact us by phone at 925-884-3811.
The Bioinformatics Scientist will play a key role in the development of new diagnostic content (immunosignatures) and applications of the array data to a range of research and development challenges. This person will analyze data, develop algorithms, and help guide experimental design. This position will also entail research into general assay characterization and publication of important results.
The Bioinformatics Scientist will be responsible for design, development and enhancement of bioinformatics tools and algorithms for processing and mining large scale proteomic data, utilizing techniques from bioinformatics, statistics, computer science and artificial intelligence. This position will also involve evaluating the performance of different disease assays across a range of Immunosignature parameters. These include but are not limited to selection of informative peptide probes, peptide affinity/avidity binding characteristics, peptide sequence properties, peptide statistics, probe spacing, and fluorescent scanning properties such as signal to noise ratios. Assay performance also needs to be evaluated with respect to the biological system of interest including variables such as the number of controls and clinical samples, disease state, disease time course, clinical diversity, etc.
This is an opportunity to join something with huge potential on the ground floor and make an impact quickly.
- Apply machine learning technologies to develop algorithms for early cancer detection using large scale proteomic data measured by the Immunosignatures.
- Collaborate on the development of software and hardware platforms, bioinformatics tools, and information management systems for research informatics.
- Collaborate on the design of assays for optimal performance, and experiment and study design.
- Perform statistical analysis on assay and manufacturing parameters of the Immunosignature platform, including assay chemistry, molecular and immuno-biology, and clinical variables.
- Explore novel diagnostic applications of Immunosignatures.
- Help design clinical trials (largely retrospective), clinical data management and analysis.
- Support publication and presentation of the analytic results.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Expertise in developing classification algorithms in the context of diagnostic tests.
- Extensive experience with statistical and software development tools and technologies; an ideal combination would be R and Python
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in developing high performance scientific applications.
- Experience working with relational databases, particularly Postgres.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills as well as solid teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated competency in accurately identifying the scope of work and preparing thorough and detailed schedule estimates; ability to deliver projects quickly.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Basic knowledge of molecular sciences and genomics/proteomics.
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast moving collaborative environment.
Required – Education and Experience:
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Statistics, Mathematics or related discipline.
- Five years of relevant experience.
Desired – Additional Qualifications:
- Experience analyzing high-density arrays of any type
- Experience with protein/peptide sequence analysis
- Knowledge of immunology and/or oncology.
- Experience optimizing antibody assays.
- Familiarity with NumPy, SciPy, and Pandas
- Experience with clinical trial design.
For more infomration, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 925-884-3811.