Great Opportunity for Global Project Managers
We are looking for Global Project Managers for an exciting opportunity in the East Bay Area. Our client develops, manufactures and supplies a wide array of innovative medical diagnostic products, services, tests, platforms and technologies. They have a broad portfolio of oncology, virology, microbiology and blood screening tests. Their clients include researchers, physicians, patients, hospitals, laboratories and blood banks around the world. Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply!
- Project Manager to support LCT Projects (HPV/Micro, G&O and BS or other LCTs as needed).
- Providing support in maintaining budgets, schedules, and addressing reporting needs for existing projects – Providing project management support for new near-term projects.
- Leads in the creation of the Life Cycle Team (LCT) project plan, ensuring that the plan is aligned with the approved development goals and appropriately balances time, quality and costs.
- Takes accountability for and ownership of the project plan. Regularly monitors and updates the plan to ensure up-to-date information is available.
- Tracks progress of key project tasks and milestones / activities and develop corrective-action in case of deviation.
- Ensures that content and timing of inter-departmental deliverables is clear to those involved.
- Ensures that necessary decisions are reached in a timely fashion and based on the clear business goal of the project.
- Works with project managers to resolve inter-project conflicts.
- Regularly performs a cost-exception analysis; identifies factors driving changes in forecast.
- Develops and in some cases implements corrective-action.
- Challenges assumptions regarding time, cost and quality matters.
- Identifies potential project risks and develops contingency plans.
- Develops and proposes to the LCT scenario plans to exploit new options and / or improve the existing plan.
- Assist team members to develop detailed activity plans consistent with the key project milestones.
- Collates analysis and disseminates to the LCT of project management information and updates relevant documents and electronic systems.
- Prepares and submits project documentation for the Lifecycle Committee via the LCT.
- Leads LCT Sub-teams.
- Guides and manages and tracks the creation of project documentation according to Design Control Guidelines as well as preparation and conduction of project milestone reviews
- 5 years experience in the diagnostics industry (IVD) with 3 years demonstrated successful cross functional project management experience.
- Would prefer candidate from a Product Development background rather than an operations background Experience in medical device design, development, and manufacturing in an FDA regulated environment.
- High-level coordination and planning of transfer to manufacturing and product launch activities for systems comprised of instruments and accompanying diagnostic tests.
- General project management skills including a working knowledge of: MS Project, MS Excel, One–Pager Pro and similar project management tools Development and management of project plans, timelines and milestone tracking Resource and PVC planning; development and management of project budgets.
- Risk management.
- Mature communication and people skills.
- Working with global teams across multiple sites.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering.
- Master’s degree in relevant area of study preferred.