Vice President of Marketing – Direct Hire Opportunity
Do you have experience launching a Pharmaceutical Company’s first product? Do you have the ability to be strategic, yet nimble as a Company positions itself for success?
If you have the right experience, please apply ASAP! This role will move fast.
The VP of Marketing will be responsible for managing the marketing function within the Company’s Commercial organization. This includes leading all product positioning, marketing communications, and commercialization efforts for Company’s first commercial product.
As a member of the Commercial Team, this position will be expected to play a hands-on role in developing and executing the launch readiness plans. Oversee marketing initiatives and collaborates with multiple internal stakeholders to ensure that marketing programs are implemented in alignment with project team deliverables that directly support the execution of commercial launch plans. The Vice President of Marketing will report to the Sr. Vice President, Commercial/Chief Commercial Officer and is based in Emeryville, CA.
* Develop and execute comprehensive and innovative marketing plans and programs that helps to ensure the successful commercialization of Company’s products by recommending product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
* Represents marketing on the Product’s project team. Executes launch readiness plans across the commercial organization.
* Attract, hire and mentor a staff that can excel in the launch of Company’s first product and contribute to the long term commercial strategies of the organization.
* Ensure the development of data-rich economic models for product lines and present information to the senior management team that aides in decision making and the development of commercial strategies.
* Oversee product marketing efforts starting with KOL/early adopter identification, launch planning, efficient salesforce development and deployment.
* Oversee the monitoring and reporting of competitive products and marketing activities that help inform short and long range commercial strategies.
* Collaborate with Medical Affairs team members to ensure medical education plans support differentiating and compelling product data.
* Lead the identification of marketing partners for further development in the US and global marketplaces.
* Partner with internal corporate communications and government affairs functions to ensure Company is properly positioned within the Medical and Investor communities.
* Develop and manage departmental budgets that effectively achieve desired goals that are balanced with the financial objectives of the broader commercial organization.
* Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and 15 years marketing experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry.
* Successful sales rep experience preferred.
For any questions on this role, please contact us at Requests@CompassCGroup.com