Bioinformatics Associate Opportunity
Compass is looking for a Bioinformatics Associate who will be responsible for collecting, organizing and reporting disease information to the Bioinformatics group.
- Assist with the collection and analysis of valuable information from the literature regarding diseases of interest to the department.
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with the Bioinformatics group, and will acquire in-depth knowledge of each disorder of interest and will become well versed in genetics.
- Some experience with data wrangling is required.
- Curate and organize data regarding the phenotype/genotype relationship for a number of rare diseases.
- Maintain a well-organized collection of literature relevant to each disorder of interest.
- Compile reports describing each disorder of interest; its spectrum of severity, prevalence, and geographic distribution.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Some familiarity with genetics or computational biology.
- Experience scripting in languages such as R, Python or Perl.
Apply today! Contact us at Reqests@CompassCGroup.com